Main information about depository activities of JSC "OTP BANK"
JSC "OTP BANK" works with both operating depositories in Ukraine: Depository of National Bank of Ukraine for recording of government securities and PJSC "National Depository of Ukraine" for recording of corporate and municipal securities, as well as with the foreign financial institution OTP Bank Plc regarding recording of securities of foreign issuers.
JSC "OTP BANK" is an active member of the Professional Association of Capital and Derivatives Market Participants (PARD). Bank constantly takes part in work of the PARD committees connected with issues related to development of capital market of Ukraine.
Since October 12, 2013 OTP Bank acts under licenses for the right of implementation of depository activity in stock market on the following kinds of activity:
- Depositary activities of securities depositary (License series AE No. 263434 dated October 1, 2013)
- Depositary activities for saving actives of Mutual investments funds (License series AE No. 263435 dated October 1, 2013)
- Depositary activities for saving actives of Pension funds (License series AE No. 263436 dated October 1, 2013)
OTP Bank carries out the professional activity in compliance with normative documents of National Bank of Ukraine, National Securities and Stock Market Commission, applicable legislation of Ukraine and Regulation on Depository Activities of Depositary OTP Bank.
Service of clients is carried out with following conditions:
- Securities Account Agreement (01.01.2023)
- Securities Account Agreement (01.03.2019-18.01.2020)
- Securities Account Agreement (19.01.2020)
- Tariffs For Custody Services
- Article 12 of the Law of Ukraine "On Financial Services and State Regulation of Financial Services Markets"
- Information on Depository Services
OTP bank provides a full complex of depository services for individual and legal entities, residents and non-residents persons. OTP Bank serves more than 30 thousand securities accounts today.
- Securities account opening
- Safekeeping of securities
- Execute of the transactions on securities accounts
- Corporate actions and participation in corporate actions on behalf of the client
- Obtaining cash proceeds with further transfer to the client’s current account
- Information operations (providing with the references and statements of holding from the securities account, statements of transactions on the securities account and other information connected with securities account)
- Providing with information and consulting services regarding market conditions, terms and conditions of securities circulation and other information necessary for the client to exercise its rights and obligations
For securities account opening you need to make the following actions:
- To research Securities account agreement
- To sign Application for joining the Terms and Conditions of the Securities Account Agreement
- Application for joining the Terms and Conditions of the Securities Account Agreement for legal entities
- Application for joining the Terms and Conditions of the Securities Account Agreement for individual entities
- To prepare package of documents necessary for securities account opening
- Documents for Securities account opening for legal entities
- Documents for Securities account opening for individual entities
- To pass all documents to OTP Bank at the address 43 Zhylyanska str., Kyiv-33, Ukraine.
To begin obtaining services the shareholder needs to provide OTP Bank with a package of documents for identification in compliance with requirements of the Ukrainian legislation and obligatory to address it personally to OTP Bank. It is necessary to have passport with you.
For receiving the first statement of holding from the securities account it is necessary to fill in the order to perform information operation and to address it personally to OTP Bank. It is necessary to have passport with you.
For executing the depository transactions you need to provide OTP Bank with orders in compliance with the following forms:
- Order to transfer securities.doc (237)
- Order to perform administrative operations in the securities account.doc (95.5)
- Order to perform information operation.doc (102)
- Order on blocking/unblocking of securities.doc (102.0)
Since OTP Bank JSC has been a member of the Deposit Guarantee Fund from September 2, 1999, deposits opened with the Bank are protected by DGF guarantees.
Each depositor is reimbursed in the amount of the deposit (including interest) as of the end of the day preceding the day the Fund begins the procedure for withdrawing the bank from the market, but not more than the amount of the maximum amount of reimbursement of funds for deposits established by the Law of Ukraine "On Deposit Guarantee System for Private Individuals" on this day, regardless of the number of deposits in one bank.
During the martial law in Ukraine and three months after the date of martial law termination or abolition in Ukraine, the Fund will reimburse the amount of the deposits in full to each depositor of a bank, including interest accrued at the end of the day, which precedes a day a bank exits the market. The exception is provided by Article 26 Part 4 of the Law of Ukraine "On Deposit Guarantee System for Private Individuals".
After the expiration of three months from the day following the day of termination or cancellation of martial law in Ukraine, the maximum amount of reimbursement of funds for deposits cannot be less than UAH 600 000.
The Bank's clients have the opportunity to open a deposit in several ways.
Regardless of the chosen method of opening a deposit, you must first become a customer of the bank, for this you need to address the bank branch and bring the following:
- Passport or other identity document.
- Certificate of identification number assignment(registration number of the taxpayer's account card) or the corresponding mark of the State Tax Service in the passport.
Ways to open deposits:
1. By contacting the branch of the Bank, which is the most convenient by the location.
2. Open a deposit online, via "OTP Smart"app. In any case, to open a deposit it is necessary to have an open JSC "OTP Bank" current or card account in the required currency.
OTP Bank JSC always offers its customers various bonuses within the loyalty program. At present, when opening a deposit via the OTP Smart app, the client receives a bonus to the standard rate of 0,5%.
The current conditions for placing deposits can be found at the link.
Information on accrued interest can be found in the following ways:
- In the personal account of the "OTP Smart" app (mobile or WEB version).
- By calling the Bank's information center by phone (044) 490-05-00, it is necessary to have and know the word password, which will be the customer's ID.
- Applying to a bank branch, it is necessary to have documents proving the identity of the client.
If the deposit was opened with the possibility of early termination, it is possible to withdraw such deposit funds upon application for early termination by contacting the Bank's branch. In this case, the accrued interest will be transferred at the penalty rate in accordance with the terms of the Bank Deposit Agreement.
In case of opening a deposit without the possibility of early termination, it is impossible to withdraw funds early.
To conclude an agreement, you only need:
- Certificate from the tax inspection on the assignment of an individual code (identification number) of the taxpayer. Non-resident individuals must also submit to the bank a document on the sources of cash